In order to get better acquainted with French and Parisian fashion culture and to discover the various sectors within the realms of Design and Business, ESMOD offers a Foundation Program composed of 2 complementary modules that allows students to easily transition into one of our Undergraduate programs.
If you are creative and passionate about fashion but you’re not sure if Design or Business is the path for you, this program gives you the opportunity to discover the fashion industry, its professions and its Parisian culture through an immersion in the fashion neighborhoods of the capital (Module 1) and the life cycle of a product (Module 2.) From fabric selection to marketing, from conception to communications, you will learn the basics of fashion design and fashion business concepts.
This program is divided into 2 independent but complementary modules and includes French language courses (optional).
Accessible to anyone 17 years old and up
Module 1 - Paris, Fashion Capital / In English or French
This module is centered around visits in Paris :
- The fashion districts of the capital > exploring the identity of each of them and their significance
- Museums (Les Arts Décoratifs, Palais Galliera…) > immersion in French and Parisian culture, fashion and fine arts
- Fashion Ralley > a treasure hunt to develop your general knowledge and general fashion culture through the districts of Paris in an interactive way
Students will create an original and creative travel diary which will serve as a report of each of the visits around Paris and it will reflect your own personal universe.
Module 2 - Discovering the Fashion sectors, Fashion Design & Business / In French
Through the life cycle of a product, (the sweater!) this module will teach you about the basics of Design and Business concepts as well as the professions associated with them in the fashion industry.
It offers a clearer vision of the professions relating to Fashion Design and Business.
- Pattern making : Different techniques, introduction.
- Creative design : The creative process, fashion illustration, fabric manipulation
- Industrial development : industrialization, production and logistics.
- Marketing: Marketing definition and exploration of product concepts, consumer targets, competition, distribution and communications.
- Photoshoots: Fashion photography & branding for the media.
A very playful process with a creative project to be realized through different themes during workshops.
This course is suitable for those looking to apply for our degree programs who are still hesitating between an undergraduate degree in Fashion Design or Fashion Business. It is also suitable for beginners who want to follow a short program focused on both design and business.
French Language courses - French as a foreign language / Optional
Learning the basics of French and the specific vocabulary of the fashion industry.