Fashion designers are responsible for planning, creating and designing collections, fashion products and/or accessories for fashion brands and design firms. They have expertise in the manufacturing techniques of fashion products and items and participate throughout the creative process.
- Create and produce products for a collection under the brand’s artistic direction.
- Monitor trends.
- Shape an artistic universe, looks and products under the supervision of the Head.
- Designer or Artistic Director.
- Draw up an e-collection plan to meet commercial demand.
- Design models (shapes, materials, colours).
- Choose materials and supplies.
- Collaborate with the workshop to monitor and fine-tune prototypes, as well as other departments like sales and communications.
- Analyze trends and image for fashion brands and companies.
- Plan and illustrate collections, clothing lines, products and accessories.
- Create fashion products and accessories and design a pattern and a prototype to send to a fashion production workshop.
- Control the production stages for designs; plan the presentation, promotion and image for collections, products and fashion accessories.
General knowledge of art, history and sociology, technical knowledge, a good knowledge of fabrics, finishing touches, prints and graphics, in-depth knowledge of trends and players in the industry, proficiency in English and good command of Italian, particularly for the luxury sector, give a good impression and know how to pitch a storytelling.
AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY:
Between €25K for novices and €48K for experienced designers.
“Fashion Designer” Undergraduate Program
State accredited diploma with Level 6 registration under the National Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP)